The Admission Center’s main function as an office is to offer a warm welcome to all university guests. The USC Admission Center hires students into volunteer positions and paid positions. What’s the difference?
USC VolunTOUR Leaders (VTLs) are members of the Tommy’s Tours program. They are trained volunteers, USC students, and valuable members of the Admission Center team. All graduate and undergraduate students are welcome to apply. Your training begins with an 8-week training process, and once completed you will:
- Give 50-minute, age-appropriate group tours to middle and elementary schoolers
- Share your journey to and in college while inspiring younger students to pursue higher education
- Develop professional skills through public speaking and interacting with guests
- Learn about other academic programs and campus organizations while making new friends
- Complete an 8-week training process and attend weekly/bi-weekly meetings
- Live your dream of being a college tour guide, even if you only have an hour a week!
Being a paid student staff member in the Admission Center begins with a 15-week training process, during which you learn public speaking skills, facts about USC, and information about the admission process. You will then embark on your journey as a fully-trained USC tour guide and have the chance to:
- Deliver 50-minute and 90-minute walking tours of campus to prospective students and their families, alumni, VIPs, academic groups, and other visitors of campus
- Share your knowledge, passion, and why you chose USC
- Interact with guests on the phone to make tour reservations and answer questions about the university, student life, and admission process
- Gain invaluable experience working in a professional yet friendly environment
- Give admission presentations to school groups, providing information about the importance of college and what it takes to get there
- Create personalized thank-you notes for your tour guests
- Work alongside professional staff and Admission Counselors with tasks as needed